Application deadline is February 14, 2019.
Travel and accommodation costs associated with attending the conference are the responsibility of the recipient.
Applications can only be submitted after an abstract has been accepted. Registration Fee Scholarships are awarded only to students that have had their papers accepted for presentation (in either a poster or concurrent session). This is done on a rolling basis (first-come, first served) until funds run out.
In exchange for receiving a registration fee scholarship, students may be asked to assist the conference organizers with certain tasks, such as assembling registration packets, helping with registration, or providing technical support to session chairs.
- Have an accepted paper for presentation in either a poster or concurrent session
- Meet the IAEE Student Status as of the application deadline
- Have a valid IAEE Student Membership
- Provide a Letter of Applicant (see below)
- Provide a Recommendation Letter by your advisor or other faculty member familiar with your research (see below)
Information to include in Letter of Applicant
- State that you meet the student qualifications listed above (include photocopy of student ID)
- Describe your energy interests and what you hope to accomplish by attending the conference (half page)
- Title and authors of your paper submitted for presentation
- Name and contact information of the Faculty advisor who will be writing a recommendation letter on your behalf
Information to include in the Recommendation Letter (for applicant’s Advisor)
- State how long you have supervised and worked with applicant
- Describe the nature of the applicant’s academic program, relevant research to energy economics and academic progress
- State whether you recommend that the applicant be awarded the conference Registration Fee Scholarship
- Sign letter and provide contact information
Applicants must submit all documents electronically, in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Montreal IAEE Conference Registration Fee Scholarship” in the subject line.
No applications will be accepted after February 14, 2019.
For further questions on the Registration Fee Scholarship, contact David Williams at email@example.com
Students who do not receive a Registration Fee Scholarship may still attend the conference at the reduced student registration rate. Learn how »