IAEE student members may compete in the Student Best Paper Award at the yearly IAEE International Conference, which awards the author of the best paper a cash prize.
Application deadline is January 17, 2019.
- Meet the IAEE Student Status Definition as of the application deadline
- Have a valid IAEE Student Membership
- Not have previously won a prize at an IAEE affiliated conference
- The paper must be original work completed by the student and not be co-authored by a faculty member or non-student (papers co-authored by fellow students are accepted).
- Accept to attend the IAEE International Conference and present the paper.
Application materials to submit
- Abstract of paper. This may be same as abstract submitted to conference for general concurrent session presentation.
- Full Paper. Double-spaced; 8.5 x 11 inches page setup; 30 pages maximum (papers that exceeds the page limitation will disqualified).
- Letter of Applicant. State that you meet the student qualifications (include photocopy of student ID + a copy of your submitted IAEE Student Status Form)
- Letter of Recommendation. Letter from applicant’s advisor or another faculty member familiar with applicant’s research, confirming that the paper meets qualifications for submission and recommending it for consideration.
Submit all materials electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Submission for Montreal IAEE 2019 Best Student Paper Award” in the subject line.
No applications will be accepted after January 17, 2019.
If the same paper is submitted for the Best Paper Award and the Student Poster Session and selected as a finalist in both sessions, the student must nominate to appear in one competition or the other but not both.
To receive the award, students must attend the international conference and present their paper. All travel and accommodation costs associated with attending the conference are the responsibility of the award recipients.
You will be notified by February 18, 2019 as to the disposition of your paper.
Note that if you would like to present your paper at the Conference, even if it does not receive a Best Paper Award, you must follow the regular paper submission procedures, submitting an abstract by the regular Call for Papers cut-off date.
For further questions regarding the IAEE Student Paper Award, contact David Williams at email@example.com